Our co-founder Ramon Masana Tapia was born into the biz, and has seen a lot of jaw-dropping work pass through the doors of Suquet Interiors and out into the world. Here are his Top 5:
1. Boboli Arch – South Granville Street, Vancouver
The famous Boboli arch installed in 1987 was named after the upscale clothing store that commissioned it. The original cantera elements that make up the arch come from the facade of a two-century old building in Mexico City.
2. Circular Fireplace – Yaletown Brewery, Vancouver
Installed in the mid 90s, the original cantera elements from Mexico were used to create this beautiful fireplace.
3. Boy Frame – St. Regis Hotel, Vancouver
Installed in the early 2000’s, the Boy Frame comes from the facade of a building in Mexico City on Insurgentes Sur.
4. El Cacheton Fountain – L’Hermitage Hotel, Vancouver
Installed in 2009. The chubby face sculpture was originally a famous wooden mask hand carved by Mexican artisans in the state of Guerrero.
5. Boboli Arch – Earls Tin Palace, Calgary
Another original Boboli arch installed at the Earls Tin Palace provides a unique entrance to the eatery.